Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm Back!

    It has been almost 3 weeks since I have posted last. I know, bad blogging etiquette. In the last 3 weeks, Tate and I finished up all of our recording for our cd. I was SO excited to get that done. Hopefully it will be ready in the next couple of months.
  Tate and his family are on an 8-9 week tour in the northern part of the country and Canada. I miss him, but time is going by quickly. Lots of wedding plans need to be finalized, invitations addressed, and my family and I have to move. So, I am staying busy!


  My mom and I have been scouting out local thrift stores and even yard sales for unique things  we could use for the wedding. I am leaning more towards country, vintagy things with rustic accents, of course. Here are a few things I have found recently..




  I loove these silver lanterns. We were able to find these at Lowe's marked down. We bought 8 of them, perfect for each end of the aisle with a tea light inside.








Ah yes, endless possibilities with a can of spray paint. I'm sure this will be used alot. Before and after pictures coming soon.






   We bought 5 coordinating fabrics to make fabric pennants with. They are so cute and will look great inside the barn. A Martha Stewart idea..go figure. She is awesome, regardless of her criminal history.




 We found these candle holders at a little shop in Salem. Their downtown is full of small gift shops and thrift stores. I even bought a Vera Wang purse at the same store :)




 
    Kori and I bought these 2 items today. The wreath and the twig ball was less than $1.50 for both. I'm sure we can salvage them for that price!
  Wedding shopping has been really fun! It's more fun to shop for things and save money than go out and buy your typical cookie cutter wedding decor. I will post more soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm glad you have a blog now... it sure was fun to see some pics of your plans. I love what you said about keeping things "simple"-- that has always been a goal of mine too.☺

    I think your wedding is going to be amazing-- I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete