Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gospel Spectacular 2011

This evening (Saturday), my family and I had to the opportunity to go to Gospel Spectacular in Lebanon. It seemed like they had a great turnout! This afternoon around 1, they started off by having a "Gaither style" sing. It was really fun..and lively :) I especially enjoyed the piano player. He was quite, quite good and exciting.

Starting at 6 this evening, the Lesters, New Horizons, The Link Family, and the Inspirations sang. (Not all together!) The Links did an awesome job! They are good friends with Tate and his family, and I have enjoyed getting to know them as well.


My friend, Rachel (Link-Keeler) and I


I was also very excited to see The Inspirations, especially after hearing that Jonathan Epley (formerly of the Epley family) was their new baritone singer. His family used to travel and sing as he and his siblings were growing up. They came to our church several times, so we got to know them over the years. I was, and still am a huge fan of him and his mom's piano playing. I have rewound their tapes and CD's over and over again just to try to get a 5 second technique on the piano figured out. It was really neat to get to see him tonight. Him and his wife have a really good CD that was produced before he joined The Inspirations. You can check it out here:  Jonathan & Tiffany Epley 
It was only fitting that I take a picture with one of my many piano "hero's" :)



The Inspirations really did a great job. You really can't beat good, strong, 4 part harmony. I enjoyed their piano player, Martin Cook who is almost 75 and still playing! He would randomly stand up and play..it was great, and comical.

There was my weekend. Have a good Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment