Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Silver Dollar City!

Hello everyone! I hope you had a good weekend!

As a continuation of my weekend, Sunday we went to church. Sunday afternoon, we went to my grandma's house to visit my dad's family. I was able to spend some time with my cousins, which is always fun.
Here are a couple of my cousins and I. Kyla, Justine, and Me.




Today, my family was able to take off for Silver Dollar City. Moonlight Madness is going on right now, so the park is open till 10 pm. We didn't stay quite that late, but it was still a lot of fun! It was about 103 degrees out, so we hung out on water rides most of the day.


We were waiting in line for Tom & Huck's Riverblast. If you haven't rode it, it's a very slow paced ride, other than your arm is killing you by the time you get off from shooting people with your water gun. It's basically like a human car wash..and yes, you do get that wet. We also rode Lost River several times (my personal favorite).


I sat this ride out. My amusement ride tolerance level is quite, quite low. :)


Kori and Gage had a really good time today, too. They usually get along good together. She is always trying to take care and watch out for him. They are the best brother and sister I could ask for!


Did I mention that it was HOT? We had to pick one of the hottest days of the year, but we did stay hydrated!


Ah yes, my trusty ole' phone. Tate is gone right now, so he wasn't able to come, but without fail..we were able to text most of the day. We will make great old people someday. As I mentioned earlier about my tolerance for rides, Tate feels the same way I do about them. You will not see us in line for Wildfire, Powder Keg, etc. We are more likely to frequent lines for shows..only during Bluegrass festival. You know you are going to a good show when you stand out because you are the only one without gray/white hair in a crowd that large. My personal favorite..the die-hard Rhonda Vincent fans. Oh yes, the t-shirts, the autographed pictures from 1996, the pins, the mugs, the self-portraits with Rhonda, etc.. You know who they are.
 If only it were Bluegrass & BBQ festival all year long..ah, that would be too good.


On the way home, we listened to a really great CD. One of my current favorites! It's by Darin Aldridge & Brooke Justice (now Brooke Aldridge). She has an awesome voice!                       Check it out here:




That's all for now! Have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment